Return to Health & Human Services Home Page

Adult Protective Services

The Adult Protective Services (APS) system is designed to protect Richland County's vulnerable adults (18 years of age and over).

Elder and Adults-At Risk Reporting:

Are you a witness or someone told you about an elderly person not taking care of themselves?
Are you wondering who to call about someone who is stealing money from a young adult who has a developmental disability?
Adult Protective Services responds to reports of vulnerable adults who maybe victims of abuse, neglect or misappropriation of property.

If someone is in immediate danger, call 9-1-1.

For more information

Guardianship, Protective Placement and Protective Services:

A guardian is a person appointed by a court. A guardian can only exercise powers that laws and the court order state. If you cannot afford a lawyer and the person is receiving Medicaid, then the APS Social Worker and County Corporation Counsel maybe able to help. For more information:

Power of Attorney:

Everyone should complete a Power of Attorney for both health care and financial decisions while you are of sound mind. These documents appoint a person who would follow your healthcare wishes when you cannot make decisions for yourself. Completing a Power of Attorney document eliminates the need for a guardian. It is very important to communicate your wishes to the person you appoint in advance. To complete and print a Power of Attorney please click the following link:













Top   Back to Top
For Emergency Services:
Concerns involving suicide, mental health, addiction, and other crisis situations to speak with a crisis professional.
Contact the Richland County Sheriff's Department for concerns involving child abuse or neglect to request the Child & Youth Services On-Call Worker.
Office Hours:
Monday through Friday
8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Tuesday Evenings by Appointment
Office Location:
221 W. Seminary Street
Richland Center, WI 53581
Phone: 608-647-8821
Fax: 608-647-6611
E-mail Us
only search