Richland County Wisconsin is accepting applications for a full-time Office System Technician. This position performs clerical duties and database management in the Land Conservation and Zoning Departments.
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Performs a variety of clerical duties: Including answering telephone, greet visitors, issues reminders for septic system pumping to private system owners; assists the general public in completing applications and permits; maintains files; transcribes letters, memos, legal documents and related material; orders office supplies and materials.
- Process incoming/outgoing mail; assembles new case, client and complaint folders; files correspondence, letters, memos, etc.; answers routine correspondence, questions and schedule appointments.
- Perform and compile data entry for a variety of programs including; Software currently being used in the Zoning Office, Working Lands Initiative (Farmland Preservation), Wildlife Damage, Deer Donation, Soil Erosion Control, water quality projects and practices, Non-Metallic Mines and Spring Tree Sales.
- Issues building permits base on County Zoning Ordinances.
- Maintain knowledge of laws, ordinances and regulations pertinent to the Land Conservation and Zoning Offices.
- Perform accounting functions including; recording expenditures and revenues, prepare vouchers.
- Prepare deposits for payments received in the Land Information and Zoning Departments.
- Compile data and assist in preparing annual budget and reports for Land Information and Zoning Departments.
- Building and maintaining of the Zoning Access database including; Creating reports, creating and manipulating Queries, ensure that the database works properly and make repairs if any issues occur. Ability to guide and instruct end-user on how to navigate database.
- Maintains the State Access Database for Nutrient Plan Tracking, Certificates of Compliance and Self Compliance.
- Prepare and maintain Land Conservation program accounts as directed.
- Attend Land & Zoning Standing Committee and Board of Adjustment meetings as required.
- Prepare public hearing documents and minutes, ordinances and reports.
- Assist public with inquires using ArcView and County on-line maps.
- Experience with SQL code writing: Able to make repairs if any issues occur. Manipulate tables as needed.
- Plan and organize Conservation poster contest and Spring Tree Sales.
- Export Access data to compile and complete County, State and Federal reports.
- Coordinate and maintain the Wisconsin Fund Grant program for failed septic systems.
MINIMUM TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Associates degree or any combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills and abilities. General computer skills with knowledge in word processing, database structure, ArcView and Adobe software currently being used in the zoning office.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL ABILITIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL JOB
- Language Ability and Interpersonal Communication
- Ability to analyze and categorize data and information in order to determine the relationship of the data with reference to criteria/standards. Ability to compare, count, differentiate, measure and/or sort data and information. Ability to assemble, copy, record and transcribe data. Ability to classify, compute and tabulate data.
- Ability to use and understand design data and information such as blue prints, county zoning and septic requirements, soil test results, ordinances and laws, computer software indicative to the zoning office, soil surveys, maps and platbooks.
- Ability to communicate effectively with the general public, contractors, landowners, developers, real estate agents, office personnel, personnel of the Department of Natural Resources, Department of Commerce, Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection, Farm Service Agency, Natural ResourcesConservation Service, County Register of Deeds, County Treasurer and Real Property Lister, members of the Land & Zoning Standing Committee, County Board and Board of Adjustments members
- Mathematical Ability
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide, calculate percentages, decimals and fractions and interpret basic descriptive statistical reports.
- Judgment and Situational Reasoning Ability
- Ability to apply situational reasoning ability by exercising judgment, decisiveness and creativity in situations involving the evaluation of information against measurable criteria.
- Ability to use functional reasoning development in performing activities within rational systems involving diversified work requiring exercise of judgment.
- Physical Requirements
- Ability to coordinate eyes, hands, feet, and limbs in performing moderately coordinated movements such as pressing, pumping and smoothing. Ability to grasp and place objects. Ability to recognize and identify sounds.
- Ability to exert light physical effort in sedentary to light work, involving lifting, carrying pushing and pulling.
- Ability to handle, finger and feel.
- Ability to operate a variety of office equipment and machinery including personal computer, telephone, calculator, photocopier, fax, etc. Ability to move and guide material using simple tools.
- Environmental Adaptability
- Ability, in regard to environmental factors such as temperature variations, odors, violence, noise, vibrations, wetness, disease and/or dust, to work under very safe and comfortable conditions.
Richland County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the County will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
Wage: $19.46 - $22.11/hr
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
Work Location: In person
To apply, please send resume and applications to: Administrator, c/o Candace Pesch, 181 W Seminary St,
Richland Center, WI 53581 or via e-mail to email@example.com.
Applications will be accepted until filled.
Click to download the Job Description.